As the COVID infection percentage rate increases in Monroe County, the Re-opening Committee of the Vestry has decided to once again refrain from public worship, beginning Sunday, November 7 through at least Sunday, December 5. We will continue to live stream the 10:00 a.m. Sunday service on YouTube on our channel at St. Thomas’ Episcopal Church of Rochester, New York. Our Noonday Prayer on Mondays and Wednesdays continues via our Facebook account.
As we continue to practice physical distancing, in the last few months, we have learned to cultivate connection through spiritually and emotionally caring for each other.
- Pastoral care from clergy will continue to take place via email and phone call in most cases, unless there is a terminal situation. Lay pastoral visitors will hold to only phone calls and emails.
- The office staff continues to work from home, checking phone messages several times each day.
- Conversation Over Coffee continues each Sunday at 11:15 a.m. via Zoom.
- Adult education classes and committee meetings will continue to occur via Zoom.
- Children and youth have opportunities to connect virtually.
Please know this decision is made out of love and care for our community. For some this decision is right and for some this decision is wrong, but I am willing to be wrong if it means that it might help the COVID infection rate to go down and keep people alive.