ST. THOMAS’ EPISCOPAL CHURCH
St. Thomas’ Episcopal Church is a welcoming spiritual community dedicated to following the teachings of Christ Jesus. We grow through learning, celebrating joyful worship, and serving our neighbors. We are a vibrant and diverse parish whose membership represents all ages and walks of life and come from throughout the Rochester region to gather regularly for prayer and worship, education, outreach, and fellowship.
Title: DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS & DIGITAL MINISTRY
Part Time ~Approximately 20 hours a week.
Pay scale: $20,000-$25,000
Summary: The Director of Communications & Digital Ministry will be responsible for the promoting and executing the St. Thomas’ presence online, social media and in hard copy.
• Digital Communications
• Develop and implement the graphic design and content of social media
• Coordinate and Support the Live-Stream Ministry for Sundays and holidays
• Manage and create content for website
• Produce weekly and special parish email communications
• Produce newsletters, press releases, posters, and banners, etc.
• Assist with editing worship leaflets for Sundays, holidays and special services, as needed
• Information Technology
• Coordinate with our current IT provider
• Assist other staff with use of technology in their areas, as needed
• Create and coordinate communications strategy
• Coordinate internal and external advertising (digital and print)
• Explore and acquire emergent communications tools and techniques
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum 2-3 years marketing/communications experience including social media and email marketing
• Excellent written communication skills
• Graphic Design experience
• Adobe photoshop &/or InDesign experience
• Email software experience with MailChimp
• Experience with live-stream events on YouTube/Zoom
• Copywrite policies
• Safe Church Practices for Internet Communications a plus
Please send cover letter, resume and references to The Very Rev. Leslie Burkardt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Thomas’ Episcopal Church is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity and inclusion. We, as an employer, are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace environment that is inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs, or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equal valued and supported.